Saturday, January 21, 2017

Milestones

Figure it's time to post a new entry here.

I spent the last week trying to add updates to my laptop which I have been trying to do for the last couple months now and not much has been going on. Of course as of yesterday, Donald Trump has now made it official and I did manage to see him take the oath before I went back to work. Even though both TV's in the breakroom were showing the inauguration, I was watching it on live streaming on YouTube while trying to upload one of my older videos to Vidme without much success.

But then again, I'm not posting this to talk about Donald Trump becoming president. Instead as I sit here in the library, I figure I'd elaborate on this year being yet another milestone year for me. Like I said, I'm supposed to get my degree in Communication Arts New Media from Herkimer College in the mail sometime within the next couple of weeks which marks the end of almost a year and a half of waiting not to mention four and a half years of actually going to college. And who knows where I'll be after that. But all I can say is that hopefully things will really start picking up for me.

And on top of that, the fact that I am graduating from Herkimer College this year also coincides with the fact that it has been nearly twenty years since I graduated from Red Hook High School. In fact, even as I write this there are plans for a twenty-year reunion to which I have been added to the group page on Facebook. At press time, they're aiming for late July. So far I have not committed to anything yet but we'll see. I do remember one of the early posts I made when I first started up my main website (which I'll get to in a minute because that is also celebrating a milestone this year) was about the fact that I was dreading returning for my ten-year reunion because let's face it, I haven't really changed all that much since high school except for the location and we'll just leave it at that. But as far as the twenty-year reunion goes, I'll just have to plan it by year.

In the meantime, my main website is also celebrating its ten-year anniversary this year. Last year I celebrated ten years as an Internet blogger and a presence in social media and next year, I will be celebrating ten years as a YouTube video maker. It all goes by so fast. And speaking of which, I have been toying with some new ideas for upcoming videos and I may just focus on reviews and I might do a podcast every now and then. What it all boils down to is that I am thankful to the Internet for continuing to allow people like me to have a platform to express my creativity that would have otherwise gone to waste in the real world.

But no matter what happens, it looks like 2017 is gonna be a pretty interesting year.

No comments:

Post a Comment